Precision Microneedling Treatment for Ageing, Scars, Melasma
The SkinPen® Advantage
Increase collagen production naturally by stimulating the wound healing response. Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) assists in effective remodelling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
SkinPen® Precision creates thousands of micro-injuries in the skin to trigger the body’s natural wound healing process. This results in the formation and remodelling of collagen, giving a plumper, smoother and more youthful appearance. SkinPen® improves the appearance of lines, wrinkles and scars.
- Globally the ONLY FDA Approved Microneedling Pen
- CE Mark medical grade registration provides practices in Europe with a safe, reliable and effective device compliant and certified to ISO & BSI standard
- Laboratory Tested and Validated to prevent risk of cross contamination
SkinPen’s® individual Patient Safety Treatment Kits
- Single-use Precision Kit
- Skinfuse LIFT HG offers allergy free non Cytotoxic slip during treatment
- SkinPen Precision Advanced Cartridge Unit (ACU)
- Disposable Bio-Sheath for Patient & Practitioner Safety
Skinfuse RESCUE Calming Complex
- Supports a non-inflammatory path for scar-free remodeling
- Post-procedure protocol
Are you Suitable for SkinPen?
SkinPen is safe for men and women with any Fitzpatrick skin type, light to dark, as it doesn’t cause changes in pigmentation. It’s effective on all body parts including face, neck and décolletage, where fine lines, wrinkles, large pores and uneven skin texture is often more noticeable.
How SkinPen works:
- 1: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- 2: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- 3: Remodelling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
I have a lot of sun damage on my face from many years of being a sun worshipper. Dr Kathryn suggested that she tried a treatment on my face called Skinpen which is a micro needling treatment. Over the years I have used many very expensive lotions and potions all of which have proved useless. I was quite sceptical that this treatment would make any difference in reducing my dark spots but I was willing to try as I always trust what Dr Kathryn recommends.
My skin was quite red for a couple of days afterwards but a week on I can really see the difference in the tone of my skin and my sun spots are greatly reduced and so much lighter. Dr Kathryn suggests that I have two more treatments and I can’t wait. Thank you!
Following your SkinPen micro needling treatment, Dr Kathryn will apply Calecim Growth Factors Serum to your face to speed up the healing process.
You can find out more about Calecim Professional here.
Microneedling Aftercare Advice
If you’ve recently had a microneedling treatment, please download your aftercare advice sheet to ensure your recovery is as quick and effective as possible.
Call us today on 020 8901 6444 to find out more about SkinPen and book your treatment today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will it hurt?
Based on your needs, Dr Kathryn may apply a topical anaesthetic to the skin prior to micro-needling to numb the area, making the SkinPen procedure comfortable and relatively pain-free. You may feel the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
How long will it take?
You will have a consultation with Dr Kathryn prior to treatment to discuss any concerns you may have. The actual treatment time is around 30 minutes, dependent on the areas to be treated. Dr Kathryn ensures you are comfortable at all times.
Are there any side effects?
Due to the nature of the treatment, SkinPen causes mild post-procedure effects, including slight swelling and redness, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn.
How many procedures do I need?
Dr Kathryn will assess your needs and come up with a treatment plan for you, but typically 3-6 procedures are required for the best results. Each procedure is around 4 weeks apart.
Will the results last?
Because of how SkinPen works to induce collagen production, SkinPen has lasting results.